Fresh basil adds a unique flavor burst to this traditional side dish. Perfect for chillier days, the comforting recipe was shared by David Harper of Clackamas, Oregon.
- 2-1/2 cups small fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 tablespoon white wine or water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, stirring once. Transfer to a small serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Basil Cauliflower in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p56
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheddar Basil Cauliflower
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review