Cheddar Basil Cauliflower Recipe
Fresh basil adds a unique flavor burst to this traditional side dish. Perfect for chillier days, the comforting recipe was shared by David Harper of Clackamas, Oregon.
- 2-1/2 cups small fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 tablespoon white wine or water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, stirring once. Transfer to a small serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Basil Cauliflower in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p56
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheddar Basil Cauliflower(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2008
This is the best way to eat fresh cauliflower! It was so yummy! This dish was finished before the main dishes at dinner tonight.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >