Cheddar Bacon Wedges Recipe
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Salad Supreme Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread about 3 tablespoons on each English muffin half.
- 2. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each into 4 wedges. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Editor's Note: Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe. This recipe was tested with McCormick's Salad Supreme Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
3 each: 57 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.