Cheddar Bacon Toasts Recipe
Four ingredients are all you need to bake up these golden appetizers. "They go great with a bowl of soup or can be served as an after-school snack," writes Mary Martin from Columbus, Kansas.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (1 pound)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise and bacon. Cut the bread into 24 slices, about 1/2 in. each. Spread the cheese mixture on one side of each slice.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 421 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 777 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC