Four ingredients are all you need to bake up these golden appetizers. "They go great with a bowl of soup or can be served as an after-school snack," writes Mary Martin from Columbus, Kansas.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (1 pound)
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise and bacon. Cut the bread into 24 slices, about 1/2 in. each. Spread the cheese mixture on one side of each slice.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheddar Bacon Toasts in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p49
Reviews for Cheddar Bacon Toasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review