- 2/3 cup warm whole milk (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (equals 1/2 cup)
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add cheese.
- While dough is processing, prepare filling. In a large skillet, cook the onion, salt and pepper in butter over medium heat until onion is tender and translucent (do not brown). Stir in bacon bits. Remove from the heat. Cool.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread onion mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 9 rolls. Place cut side up in a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar-Bacon Swirled Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p30
Reviews for Cheddar-Bacon Swirled Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review