- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1 cup cheese until melted.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta, bacon and onion mixture to the sauce; stir to coat. Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Bacon Penne(9)
Sort By :
Loved! I used store bought real bacon bits. More tasty with cheese that you grate yourself. Just melts better.
Very easy to make with a nice flavour. Different from the usual mac and cheese.
I wish I would have read the reviews before I made this. I used sharp cheddar and gouda and we were all very disappointed in the taste...and this from a family that loves mac & cheese. I thought bacon made everything great?
Very rich and creamy!
This was good, but I found it to be a bit bland. Will likely make it again, but will add some herbs or spices. I like the suggestion of adding cayenne.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >