Cheddar-Bacon Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla or nacho tortilla chips
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Spread in an ungreased 13x9-in. dish or on a 12-in. plate. Combine onions, tomatoes and green pepper; sprinkle over the cream cheese layer.
- 2. Pour taco sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon. Serve with chips. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 277 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar-Bacon Dip
"I love this dip! It is a hit with men as well as women which is not always true of cream cheese based dips. Also the absence of lettuce means leftovers keep well for at least 2 days. I use Peach Mango Salsa in place of the tomatoes, green pepper and taco sauce. It works great and is much easier. Half a recipe is enough for 6-10 appetizer servings when served with multigrain Scoops taco chips."
"I made this for a holiday party and was asked for the recipe several times. I added black olives to the vegetable layer too."
"A 5 star.......Thumbs up recipe!"
"i make something called the taco salad dip... really good! I take the dip to partys and I come home with an empty bowl! no leftovers... but did make 2 - 1 for the party and 1 for me~!"
"This dip has become a favorite both at home and the office. This dip trumps taco dip, any day of the week. Co-workers request I prepare this for any and every event that we have. Very easy to make and real bacon is absolutely a must! :-)"
"I made this dip for my husband's birthday party and everyone loved it. Had lots of requests for the recipe. Thanks for sharing."
"pmedema..didn't try this one yet but i make the pizza one....i do it in 2 smaller containers...usually keeps for a few days in the fridge...you can also share with a neighbor or family member....lol"
"Looks great, but how does it hold up if you refrigerate leftovers? Now that it's just the 2 of us, I like things that will hold over."
"Love this dip! I put salsa instead of taco. Real bacon makes a huge difference."
"very high in cholesterol use low fat cream cheese and cheddar etc."
"EVERYTIME I HAVE MADE THIS DIP IT IS GONE IN A FLASH. THE FLAVORS BLEND VERY WELL TOGETHER. LOVE IT!"
"My go-to recipe for when we have company. easy to fix and really really good!"
"I make this all the time and we love it. I use ready made BACON BITS the kind you put on a salad. I do leave out the 16 oz. jar of salsa. Very colorful and a keeper for my crew."
"I just have to comment on this Dip! I've been using this recipe for a few years now, and wherever we're invited, this is a top request. There is NO dip that compares!!"
"this is the dip Cheryl at work likes, the kids loved it! So did Gwenda and her girls. I also added shredded lettuce/spinich and black olives"