Cheddar-Bacon Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla or nacho tortilla chips
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Spread in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish or on a 12-in. plate. Combine onions, tomatoes and green pepper; sprinkle over the cream cheese layer.
- 2. Pour taco sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon. Serve with chips. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.