Cheddar-Bacon Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla or nacho tortilla chips
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Spread in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish or on a 12-in. plate. Combine onions, tomatoes and green pepper; sprinkle over the cream cheese layer.
- 2. Pour taco sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon. Serve with chips. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 277 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Cheddar-Bacon Dip
"I made this for a holiday party and was asked for the recipe several times. I added black olives to the vegetable layer too."
"A 5 star.......Thumbs up recipe!"
"i make something called the taco salad dip... really good! I take the dip to partys and I come home with an empty bowl! no leftovers... but did make 2 - 1 for the party and 1 for me~!"
"This dip has become a favorite both at home and the office. This dip trumps taco dip, any day of the week. Co-workers request I prepare this for any and every event that we have. Very easy to make and real bacon is absolutely a must! :-)"
"I made this dip for my husband's birthday party and everyone loved it. Had lots of requests for the recipe. Thanks for sharing."
"Easy and very good. Made half recipe to fill a square baking dish. Everyone loved it."
"pmedema..didn't try this one yet but i make the pizza one....i do it in 2 smaller containers...usually keeps for a few days in the fridge...you can also share with a neighbor or family member....lol"
"Looks great, but how does it hold up if you refrigerate leftovers? Now that it's just the 2 of us, I like things that will hold over."
"Love this dip! I put salsa instead of taco. Real bacon makes a huge difference."
"very high in cholesterol use low fat cream cheese and cheddar etc."
"EVERYTIME I HAVE MADE THIS DIP IT IS GONE IN A FLASH. THE FLAVORS BLEND VERY WELL TOGETHER. LOVE IT!"
"My go-to recipe for when we have company. Easy to fix and really really good!"
"I make this all the time and we love it. I use ready made BACON BITS the kind you put on a salad. I do leave out the 16 oz. jar of salsa. Very colorful and a keeper for my crew."
"I just have to comment on this Dip! I've been using this recipe for a few years now, and wherever we're invited, this is a top request. There is NO dip that compares!!"
"this is the dip Cheryl at work likes, the kids loved it! So did Gwenda and her girls. I also added shredded lettuce/spinich and black olives"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.