Meet the Cook: Both children and adults enjoy this dip. I like it, too - it's so quick and easy to prepare. I make it for special occasions...birthdays, Christmastime parties, etc.
We have seven children - two married - and two grandchildren.
-Carol Werkman, Neerlandia, Alberta
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla or nacho tortilla chips
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream. Spread in an ungreased
- 13-in. x 9-in. dish or on a 12-in. plate. Combine onions, tomatoes
- and green pepper; sprinkle over the cream cheese layer.
- Pour taco sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon. Serve with
- tortilla or taco chips. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.