- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla or nacho tortilla chips
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Spread in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish or on a 12-in. plate. Combine onions, tomatoes and green pepper; sprinkle over the cream cheese layer.
- Pour taco sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon. Serve with chips. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cheddar-Bacon Dip
"I made this for a holiday party and was asked for the recipe several times. I added black olives to the vegetable layer too."
"A 5 star.......Thumbs up recipe!"
"i make something called the taco salad dip... really good! I take the dip to partys and I come home with an empty bowl! no leftovers... but did make 2 - 1 for the party and 1 for me~!"
"This dip has become a favorite both at home and the office. This dip trumps taco dip, any day of the week. Co-workers request I prepare this for any and every event that we have. Very easy to make and real bacon is absolutely a must! :-)"
"I made this dip for my husband's birthday party and everyone loved it. Had lots of requests for the recipe. Thanks for sharing."