- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla or nacho tortilla chips
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Spread in an ungreased 13x9-in. dish or on a 12-in. plate. Combine onions, tomatoes and green pepper; sprinkle over the cream cheese layer.
- Pour taco sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon. Serve with chips. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forCheddar-Bacon Dip
"I love this dip! It is a hit with men as well as women which is not always true of cream cheese based dips. Also the absence of lettuce means leftovers keep well for at least 2 days. I use Peach Mango Salsa in place of the tomatoes, green pepper and taco sauce. It works great and is much easier. Half a recipe is enough for 6-10 appetizer servings when served with multigrain Scoops taco chips."
"I made this for a holiday party and was asked for the recipe several times. I added black olives to the vegetable layer too."
"A 5 star.......Thumbs up recipe!"
"i make something called the taco salad dip... really good! I take the dip to partys and I come home with an empty bowl! no leftovers... but did make 2 - 1 for the party and 1 for me~!"
"This dip has become a favorite both at home and the office. This dip trumps taco dip, any day of the week. Co-workers request I prepare this for any and every event that we have. Very easy to make and real bacon is absolutely a must! :-)"
"I made this dip for my husband's birthday party and everyone loved it. Had lots of requests for the recipe. Thanks for sharing."
"Easy and very good. Made half recipe to fill a square baking dish. Everyone loved it."
"pmedema..didn't try this one yet but i make the pizza one....i do it in 2 smaller containers...usually keeps for a few days in the fridge...you can also share with a neighbor or family member....lol"
"Looks great, but how does it hold up if you refrigerate leftovers? Now that it's just the 2 of us, I like things that will hold over."