Cheddar Bacon Chicken
It's tempting to seek out new flavors when baking chicken, but then again, with bacon, barbecue sauce and cheddar cheese so easy to grab from the fridge, why linger in doubt? Pull out this combination the next time you get the "what's for dinner" text. —Brenda Coleman, Jackson, Alabama
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, cut in half
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Dip both sides of chicken in teriyaki sauce; place on a greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for
- 13-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Spread barbecue sauce over chicken; top with bacon and cheese. Return
- to the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast equals 314 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 38 g protein.