You won’t believe how juicy these burgers are. The secret is the apple cider; it’s just enough to keep everything moist. Your guests will enjoy the flavor, yet won’t be able to put their finger on what it is. —Shelly Bevington-Fisher, Hermiston, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 onion rolls, split
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices onion
- 6 romaine leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beef and
- sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each
- side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Spread rolls with
- mayonnaise; top with burgers, onion and romaine. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.