Cheddar-Bacon Burgers Recipe
You won’t believe how juicy these burgers are. The secret is the apple cider; it’s just enough to keep everything moist. Your guests will enjoy the flavor, yet won’t be able to put their finger on what it is. —Shelly Bevington-Fisher, Hermiston, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 6 onion rolls, split
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices onion
- 6 romaine leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beef and sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six patties.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Spread rolls with mayonnaise; top with burgers, onion and romaine. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC