Cheddar-Bacon Burgers Recipe
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 onion rolls, split
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices onion
- 6 romaine leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beef and sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Spread rolls with mayonnaise; top with burgers, onion and romaine. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cheddar-Bacon Burgers
Sort By :
These burgers were tasty, though I think I may have cooked them a little longer than needed. I omitted the sausage and decreased the amount of juice. May try them with the sausage next time. I'd make this one again! (I also baked the burgers instead of frying them.)
Went to the cooking show and am trying recipes from the show and also from the magazines given out. I agree they are somewhat moist. I do think I cooked mine a little longer than they said because I was worried about the sausage in them. I didn't think they were that fabulous though.
I can't believe I'm the first to review these delicious burgers! I very honestly have never had such a juicy tasty burger. I even made them into burger steaks with a brown beef gravy. My family LOVED them both ways! I've shared the recipe and everyone who has tried it is amazed and passes the recipe to others. :)