Cheddar-Apple Turkey Salad
Whenever Luci Knepper of Salem, Ohio takes this colorful salad to a ladies luncheon, she gets compliments. "Even my son loves this...and he doesn't care for either cheese or sour cream. The apples add interest and a little crunch...and you can easily substitute cooked chicken for the turkey," she suggests.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups cubed apples
- 1-1/4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free poppy seed salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Remove seasoning packet from ramen noodles and discard or save for
- another use. Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain
- an rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, apples, turkey, cheese, peas,
- green onions and red pepper. In a small bowl, combine the dressing,
- sour cream and salt. Stir into noodle mixture. Cover and refrigerate
- for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 259 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat,