Whenever Luci Knepper of Salem, Ohio takes this colorful salad to a ladies luncheon, she gets compliments. "Even my son loves this...and he doesn't care for either cheese or sour cream. The apples add interest and a little crunch...and you can easily substitute cooked chicken for the turkey," she suggests.
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups cubed apples
- 1-1/4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free poppy seed salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Remove seasoning packet from ramen noodles and discard or save for another use. Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain an rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, apples, turkey, cheese, peas, green onions and red pepper. In a small bowl, combine the dressing, sour cream and salt. Stir into noodle mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar-Apple Turkey Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p6
Reviews for Cheddar-Apple Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2014
"This is a delicious salad. Using ramen noodles make the prep work easy. Several people asked for the recipe. I'll make it again!"
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2013 Edited Jan. 21, 2014
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2011
"Great potluck recipe!"