Cheddar Apple Pizza Recipe
"Nuts, apples and cheddar cheese are a great combination, especially at harvesttime when this sweet pizza can be made with fruit right from the tree," says Anna Beckley of Windsor, Pennsylvania.
- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 large tart apples, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, shredded part-skim mozzarella or shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. Roll pastry to fit a greased 12-in. pizza pan; flute edges. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Arrange apples in a single layer in a circular pattern to completely cover pastry. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over cheese.
- 3. Cut butter into small pieces and dot top of pizza. Bake for 20 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 209 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC