“My family says, 'Yes!' when they see me preparing this easy no-cook side,” Mandy Cmoc, Yorkton, Saskatchewan advises. “We live on a farm-so in summer, our garden is a handy source for veggie salad ingredients.”
- 5 cups ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, cucumber, tomato, cheese and peas.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, onion powder, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss gently to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar 'n' Pea Tossed Salad in Country Woman March/April 2007, p36
Reviews for Cheddar 'n' Pea Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review