- 6 large baking potatoes (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; bake 60-70 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. In a large bowl, mash pulp with milk and butter, adding spinach, Monterey Jack cheese, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, onion, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into potato shells; return to baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar & Spinach Twice-Baked Potatoes
"Delicious! It's a great side dish. I cooked three potatoes and added dehydrated scallions along with the spinach instead of onion. Topped with a light sprinkling of paprika for appealing color. Will definitely make these again."
"This was super easy. My quick tune ups were:- Use a can of diced tomato with green chilies, drain the juice off.- When cutting the potatoes cut them across the middle, scoop out with ice cream scoop, and do the final bake in a muffin tray...way less mess that way and easier to work with.I also found you can freeze these and then microwave them for snacks for the kids...works like a champ!!"
"The potatoes are excellent, i enjoyed them topped with a drizzle of ranch dressing ."