Cheddar & Onion Beef Sliders
My girlfriend and I threw an outdoor party for a bunch of friends and these sliders were a hit. We also like to make them for a quick, easy meal. —Kirk Brooks, Tucson, Arizona
8 ServingsPrep: 1-1/4 hours Cook: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning, divided
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, quartered
- 8 dinner rolls, split
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and 1/4
- teaspoon steak seasoning; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until onion
- is softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 40-45 minutes or until
- deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine. Bring to a
- boil; cook 10-12 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated.
- In a bowl, combine beef and remaining steak seasoning, mixing lightly
- but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 3-4
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°; top with
- cheese during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Serve on rolls; top
- with onion. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slider equals 320 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.