Cheddar & Onion Beef Sliders Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning, divided
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, quartered
- 8 dinner rolls, split
- 1. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and 1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until onion is softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 40-45 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook 10-12 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated.
- 2. In a bowl, combine beef and remaining steak seasoning, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°; top with cheese during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Serve on rolls; top with onion. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slider equals 320 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.