My girlfriend and I threw an outdoor party for a bunch of friends and these sliders were a hit. We also like to make them for a quick, easy meal. —Kirk Brooks, Tucson, Arizona
Featured In: 20 Slider Recipes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning, divided
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, quartered
- 8 dinner rolls, split
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and 1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until onion is softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 40-45 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook 10-12 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated.
- In a bowl, combine beef and remaining steak seasoning, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°; top with cheese during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Serve on rolls; top with onion. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar & Onion Beef Sliders in Taste of Home December 2013
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Cheddar & Onion Beef Sliders
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review