Cheddar & Bacon Burgers Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, bacon and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 burger (calculated without optional ingredients): 384 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 840mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar & Bacon Burgers
"the only thing I changed was I only added a fourth of the onion mixture - used real onions instead and made some with swiss cheese as my family prefers that. very tasty and on my "favorite: list"
"So simple to make, yet beyond amazing taste! My family couldn't get over how juicy and flavorful they were! I did make a couple minor changes. I reserved about 2 Tbsp of the bacon drippings and added it to the mixture. I also replaced the cheddar with a swiss and gruyere blend and almost doubled the amount of cheese. In my opinion more cheese makes everything better ;) I will be making these again!"
"these burgers are so simple, I wonder how I needed a recipe. They are also super delicious! I won't be buying frozen burgers again. These burgers won't disappoint. Thanks for sharing."