Cheddar & Bacon Burgers
Have your bacon cheese burger from the inside out. Since everything is mixed into the patties, you'll get all the flavor in every bite. My family thinks they are just so yummy. —Teresa Euken, Red Oak, Iowa
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, bacon and soup mix. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads
- 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato
- if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 384 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 840 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.