Cheddar & Bacon Burgers Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, bacon and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 burger (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 384 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 840 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar & Bacon Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.