Have your bacon cheese burger from the inside out. Since everything is mixed into the patties, you'll get all the flavor in every bite. My family thinks they are just so yummy. —Teresa Euken, Red Oak, Iowa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, bacon and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar & Bacon Burgers in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p38
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cheddar & Bacon Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review