Checkered Flag Cookies Recipe
Signal the end of dinner by waving these crunchy cookies. Boxed mixes speed along preparation of the dough.
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (17-1/2 ounces each) sugar cookie mix
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 36 wooden skewers (5 inches)
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter and chocolate chips. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. Add the contents of one cookie mix package, 1 egg and 2 tablespoons flour; stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until dough is firm.
- 2. Meanwhile, place the remaining butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and heat on high for 1 minute or until melted. Stir in the remaining cookie mix, egg and flour. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Meanwhile, place the remaining butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and heat on high for 1 minute or until melted. Stir in the remaining cookie mix, egg and flour. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 4. On waxed paper, roll out the plain and chocolate dough into separate 9-in. x 5-in. rectangles. Cut each rectangle into nine 1-in. strips. Stack the strips in groups of three, alternating plain and chocolate strips, and forming six separate stacks.
- 5. Form two blocks by placing one plain-topped stack on each side of a chocolate-topped stack and one chocolate-topped stack on each side of a plain-topped stack; press together gently.
- 6. Cut both stacks into 1/4-in. slices. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately insert a skewer into each cookie. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 3 dozen.
2 each: 244 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Checkered Flag Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC