Special occasions call for extraordinary snacks. I use white wine and ranch dip mix to dress up plain wheat crackers. They're great to munch on anytime!—Sandra Cole, Danville, Pennsylvania
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) wheat crackers
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope ranch dip mix
- 1 tablespoon chardonnay or other dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Place crackers in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients;
- pour over crackers and toss to coat. Transfer to two ungreased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 250° for 45 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 15
- minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield:
- 9 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 213 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.