I use Swiss chard every way I can, and that includes stirring it into this breezy linguine. When you’re short on time, this dish keeps life simple. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chopped Swiss chard (about 6 ounces)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth, wine, salt and Swiss chard to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until chard is tender.
- Add linguine; heat through, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chard & Bacon Linguine in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chard & Bacon Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review