10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, salt and garlic powder. Stir in
- water and oil. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times.
- Divide dough into 10 portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll
- each portion into a 6-in. circle.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook breads over medium heat for 1
- minute on each side or until lightly browned. Keep warm. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 1 bread equals 113 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.