Chapati Breads Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, salt and garlic powder. Stir in water and oil. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Divide dough into 10 portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 6-in. circle.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, cook breads over medium heat for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Keep warm. Yield: 10 servings.
1 bread: 113 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Chapati Breads
"I love this easy recipe. I use all wheat flour and add chia seeds and hot pepper. Amazing"