My daughter and I used to make this Indian flatbread frequently. It's so fun and goes well with any spiced dish. We use the extras to make sandwich wraps. — Joyce McCarthy, Sussex, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, salt and garlic powder. Stir in water and oil. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Divide dough into 10 portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 6-in. circle.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook breads over medium heat for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Keep warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Chapati Breads in Reminisce Extra September 2011, p51
Reviews for Chapati Breads
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2016
"I love this easy recipe. I use all wheat flour and add chia seeds and hot pepper. Amazing"