Please the whole family with an all-American meal at home. Juicy Change-of-Pace Burgers are filled with a tantalizing blend of vegetables and offer a great new way to serve up a classic. Nita Smith of Bellefonte, Pennsylvania shares the recipe.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Ketchup and mustard, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, green pepper, mushrooms and chili
- sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on
- each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run
- clear. Serve on buns with ketchup and mustard if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 380 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 490 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.