Change-of-Pace Burgers Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Ketchup and mustard, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the onion, green pepper, mushrooms and chili sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with ketchup and mustard if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 380 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 490 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Change-of-Pace Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.