Please the whole family with an all-American meal at home. Juicy Change-of-Pace Burgers are filled with a tantalizing blend of vegetables and offer a great new way to serve up a classic. Nita Smith of Bellefonte, Pennsylvania shares the recipe.
Recommended: 24 Game-Changing Grilling Recipes For Two
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Ketchup and mustard, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, green pepper, mushrooms and chili sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with ketchup and mustard if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Change-of-Pace Burgers in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p24
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Change-of-Pace Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review