Championship Cookies Recipe
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), chopped
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chopped candy bars and oats.
- 2. Drop by round tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 114 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Championship Cookies
"I only got 2 dozen cookies out of this recipe. It was quite tasty , but would caution to leave baked cookies on sheet a few minutes before removing to cool as they break quite easily otherwise."
"The author of this recipe is a genius! I mean what kind of crazy person doesn't like snickers?! And adding it to cookies! Heaven! Super easy to make too."
"They taste really good, my kids loved them."
"Wonderful cookies! I'm going to double the recipe next time.Billie Shull, Los Alamos, NM"