I got this recipe from a friend who baked at a conference center. Snicker candy bar pieces make them irresistible. —Patricia Miller, North Fork, California
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), chopped
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chopped candy bars and oats.
- Drop by round tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Championship Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p218
Reviews for Championship Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review