Championship Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
As the name suggests, you'll earn rave reviews next time these bars make an appearance on your table. Don't forget to have copies of the recipe on hand!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Press firmly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the milk, egg, vanilla, walnuts and remaining chips. Spread evenly over hot crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC