- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Press firmly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the milk, egg, vanilla, walnuts and remaining chips. Spread evenly over hot crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Championship Chocolate Chip Bars in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p87
Reviews for Championship Chocolate Chip Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2012
Delicious even without the walnuts. And so easy to make! Better than cookies!
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2011
This is a simply delicious bar. Easy to make and disappears quickly.
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2010
Hubby loved these
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2010
Super easy and quick to make. They taste even better the next day.