- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Tortilla chips and salsa
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until heated through, stirring once or twice. Serve with tortilla chips and salsa. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Championship Bean Dip
"This was a very easy appetizer to make andeveryone loved it. Be prepared to have folks wanting the recipe!"
"I made this for Easter because of all the reviews. Even making it I thought there was not enough beans and a lot of creams and cheese. I wasn't satisfied or my family. I was left with a lot leftover. It is more of a creamy cheese dip. I am not sure how it is called a bean dip. Or how I am so differed with the reviews."
"Loved this dip! As did the family."
"Has a good taste. Unfortunately I didn't a small slow cooker, so it wasn't as smooth as it should have been."
"A easy and tasty cheese dip with beans as an added plus. You can totally spice it up, if that's your thing."
"Delicious! Made this at a family gathering and it was a hit! A recipe remembered and drooled over! I even accidently forgot the spices and it was still delicious!"
"Love this bean dip! I first made it for a Mexican Themed family reunion dinner and it was a HUGE hit with everyone! Easy and DELISH! I make it as directed with just a bit more cumin & chili powder."
"This is one recipe I return to again and again, modifying it to fit what I've got in my pantry. It's great with 2 cups of cheddar cheese (total) in place of the Monterey Jack cheese. Adding up to 1/2 teaspoon of cumin and some finely chopped onions is an adjustment I frequently make. This one is obviously a keeper!"
"This was great! I've never been a big refried beans fan, so I cut the amount of beans in half and I thought it was delecious. A very nice change from the traditional nacho cheese dip. I'll be making this over and over again."