Champion Chicken Puffs Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in chicken.
- 2. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise, forming two triangles. Place 1 teaspoon of chicken mixture in the center of each. Fold short side over filling; press sides to seal and roll up.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 32 appetizers.
2 each: 89 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Champion Chicken Puffs
"Easy to make. Great party appetizer."
"This was so simple and so yummy! i will double the recipe again because theywent that quick. Do not overfill.."
"My daughter introduced this recipe to our family. It has quickly become a family favorite"
"These came out a little bit sweet, so next time I'll throw in some crushed red peppers, but otherwise delicious, quick, easy and they came out beautiful."
"I have used this recipe as written with "real" and canned chicken - also with different cheeses and ranch dressing - always gone in minutes."
"I made these but switched it up abit .I used roasted red peper & garlic Bousin cheese.Also added mushrooms and celery finely chopped & cooked.Very tasty All my guests loved them."
"i really liked this... i actually bought the Curly's pulled chicken and used that in the middle. It gave it great flavor!!"
"We found these to be just okay. We used left-over roasted turkey instead of the chicken.I think that the directions would be better if you cut your 8 triangles into equal sized triangles - width-wise, NOT length-wise. That should solve the issues with stuffing them to the max."
"I liked it a lot. The garlic and chicken with the bread finish swarms your mouth with flavors. If you like chicken and want to be able to taste it, I would try to literally stuff the bread with it before folding it over. I would definitely make this again. It's light but it's a tease to a delightful meal."
"Everyone loved this recipe, I added a lil bit of cajun seasoning to give it more flavor also"
"This recipe turned out so delicious. I took them to a friend's party, and they all loved them. I found the directions a little confusing regarding cutting the triangles, and they were so narrow, I couldn't stuff the puffs as much as I would have liked."
"I made these puffs to sort of keep the kids busy until dinner was ready and they absolutely loved them. I added some seasoned salt and pepper to the mix instead of garlic powder and they came out absolutely delightful. My brother stopped by and had quite a few himself. They were a major hit."
"made these and everyone raved about them the only difference i did was used cream cheese w/chives and i chopped my chicken up small"