Champagne Salmon & Fettuccine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups brut Champagne, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding the asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
- 2. In a large skillet, combine the water, broth, 1 cup champagne, onion, tarragon and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add fillets and poach, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. In a small saucepan, bring the remaining champagne, garlic, basil, brown sugar, salt and remaining pepper to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup. Whisk in butter until melted. Pour over fettuccine mixture; toss to coat. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1-1/2 cups fettuccine mixtur: 791 calories, 46g fat (24g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 718mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Champagne Salmon & Fettuccine
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.