- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups brut Champagne, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding the asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
- In a large skillet, combine the water, broth, 1 cup champagne, onion, tarragon and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add fillets and poach, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small saucepan, bring the remaining champagne, garlic, basil, brown sugar, salt and remaining pepper to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup. Whisk in butter until melted. Pour over fettuccine mixture; toss to coat. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Champagne Salmon & Fettuccine in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p55
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Champagne Salmon & Fettuccine(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Salmon Dinners >
- Salmon Fillet Recipes >