Champagne Baked Ham Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (9 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups Champagne
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until glaze is reduced by half. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Baste ham with glaze; bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with glaze. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 18 servings.
7 ounces cooked ham equals 295 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 2,357 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 42 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.