Champagne Baked Ham
Champagne, brown sugar and honey combine to make a beautiful glossy glaze. The ham slices turn out tender and juicy every time. —Linda Foreman, Locust Grove, Oklahoma
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (9 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups Champagne
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of
- the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cook until glaze is reduced by half. Remove from
- the heat.
- Baste ham with glaze; bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer
- reads 140°, basting twice with glaze. Serve with remaining
- glaze. Yield: 18 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 7 ounces cooked ham equals 295 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 2,357 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 42 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.