- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (9 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups Champagne
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until glaze is reduced by half. Remove from the heat.
- Baste ham with glaze; bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with glaze. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 18 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Champagne Baked Ham
"I made this ham quite awhile back, during one of my mother in law's first visits to our home. Everyone loved the ham, including my husband who doesn't usually care for ham. He said it's the best ham he's ever had! It is really good, and quite easy as well."
"My family loved this for Easter dinner - husband said it was my best ham yet! :)"
"Superb! I made this ham for our family Christmas dinner and was told by a handful of relatives that this is the best ham they had ever tasted. I didn't have honey on hand so used dark corn syrup instead and it may have been even better because of it. Also, I used a very old bottle of inexpensive champagne that was in the cupboard and it didn't matter"