- Remove roast and shred with a fork. Drain beans, reserving cooking
- liquid in a saucepan. Combine beans and meat; set aside. Skim and
- discard fat from cooking liquid; bring to a boil. boil, uncovered,
- for 20 minutes or until reduced to 1-1/2 cups. Add meat and bean
- mixture; heat through.
- To serve, spoon meat mixture over corn chips; top with green onions,
- lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and salsa. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 393 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.