Chalupa Joes Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 Italian-style buns, split
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the picante sauce, soy sauce, oil, mustard, lemon-pepper, garlic powder, nutmeg and cardamom; simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese. Spoon onto buns and sprinkle with onions. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 437 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1037mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein .
Reviews for Chalupa Joes
"A fresh, Tex-Mex spin on sloppy joes. We cooked the green onions along with the meat and sauce. My family and I all liked them."
"We left out the cheese & green onion and used salsa instead of picante. Delicioso!~ Theresa"