- thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings.
- (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and
- let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Discard orange and apple
- Add 1 cup water to the pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Skim and
- discard fat; pour drippings into a small saucepan. Combine flour and
- remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into drippings. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve
- with turkey. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 8 ounces cooked turkey with 1-1/2 tablespoons gravy equals 506 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 214 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 63 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer