- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 16 ounces 70% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 chai tea bags
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix pretzels and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press crumbs onto bottom and up sides of greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle caramel topping over crust; cool on a wire rack.
- Place dark chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and butter just to a boil; remove from heat. Add tea bags; let stand 10 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Reheat cream mixture just to a boil. Pour over dark chocolate; let stand 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Pour 1-1/2 cups ganache into prepared crust. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm. Press plastic wrap onto surface of remaining ganache. Refrigerate 35-40 minutes or until firm enough to shape.
- Shape reserved ganache into sixteen 1-in. balls; roll in cocoa. Drizzle milk chocolate over tart; sprinkle with ginger. Arrange truffles around edge of tart. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Chai Truffle Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p116
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chai Truffle Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review