Warm up a chilly December morning—or any day at all—with this inviting tea. The spices really come through, and it's even more delicious when stirred with a cinnamon stick.—Kelly Pacowta, Danbury, Connecticut
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 whole peppercorns
- 4 individual tea bags
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups milk
- Place cloves and peppercorns in a large bowl; with the end of a
- wooden spoon handle, crush spices until aromas are released.
- Add the tea bags, sugar, ginger, cinnamon stick and boiling water.
- Cover and steep for 6 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat
- the milk.
- Strain tea, discarding spices and tea bags. Stir in hot milk. Pour
- into mugs. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 92 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.