Chai Tea Latte Recipe
- 2 individual tea bags
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Whipped topping and ground nutmeg, optional
- Place the tea bags, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in the coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, brown sugar and creamer. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and sugar is dissolved. Pour milk mixture into mugs; stir in tea. Dollop with whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chai Tea Latte
Sort By :
I LOOOVVEEE this recipe!! it tasted like heaven in my mouthe. at first its very confusing to get the hang of. the coffee part i struggled on a little bit but once it was all mixed together i was delirious. With the brown sugar oart i didn't have any so i used white sugar with a little bit of mollassas like 1/4 teaspoon. I also didn't have allspice so i used like 1/6 of a teaspoon instead of 1/4. it tasted the same since it was all boiled away anyway!! So i hope my tips helped!! BTW it's VERY sweet so if you don't like sweet,to make it a little bit more bitter just use less sugar. I also used half and half almost completely full of the 1/4 cup and filled it the rest of the way with vanilla extract because it's all I had for my first time of making this. I added to my recipe box, so anytime i get thirsty for something not only quick, but sweet at the same time!
This drink is great! I did make some changes though... it's a pretty adaptable recipe. I used spiced chai tea (lipton brand) and added 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and 1/4 tsp of ginger. I brewed it in a one cup keurig coffee machine. Also, I used one cup of 2% milk with a little half and half, 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract, and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar all heated together on the stove. The recipe called for 1/4 cup of brown sugar, which is equal to 4 tablespoons... so I just reduced that a little. So, this is what I tried and I think it's delicious!
Fabulous! Better than Starbucks! I didn't have ground ginger, so I omitted it for 1/2 tsp allspice :)
I really enjoyed this, Chai is one of my favorites. I used vanilla extract instead of the creamer and it was fantastic. I personally like my coffeehouse drinks sweet so the brown sugar was just right for me but you may want to reduce it if you don't want it really sweet.
This tea is wonderful! A tad sweet so I don't pack the brown sugar. I use pure vanilla extract in place of the creamer because that's what I have on hand. Overall, a great recipe!