Chai Tea Latte Recipe
- 2 individual tea bags
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Whipped topping and ground nutmeg, optional
- Place the tea bags, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in the coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, brown sugar and creamer. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and sugar is dissolved. Pour milk mixture into mugs; stir in tea. Dollop with whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chai Tea Latte
Sort By :
"Delicious!! Great flavor, but next time I'd use half the brown sugar. It was too sweet for me."
"This looks great, but how much water do I pour into my drip coffee maker? 2 cups, 4 cups, 8, 10? I'm going to try 4 this morning but it doesn't specify."
"Does anybody know how much honey to use in place of the 1/4 cup packed brown sugar? I would like to make this a little more healthier."
"This is wonderful! I do not own a coffee maker, so instead of putting the ingredients in a coffee filter, I just mixed them all in a saucepan. I combined the milk and sugar in a different saucepan, and combined them when the tea was done and the milk mixture was warm and dissolved. I added vanilla instead of creamer. I love the flavor! Even down here in hot south Florida, this might become a new staple for me!"
"You use 1 cup of water as indicated in the ingredient list.Just now tried it and it is yummy! A little too sweet for my taste though. Next time I will cut the sugar in half or even less. Very sweet, but tastes great on our first morning of having to turn on the furnace & chase the chill away! I forgot to say that I. Also used the chai tea bags."