- 2 individual tea bags
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Whipped topping and ground nutmeg, optional
- Place the tea bags, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in the coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, brown sugar and creamer. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and sugar is dissolved. Pour milk mixture into mugs; stir in tea. Dollop with whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chai Tea Latte
Sort By :
"So good!! I'm not crazy about the gooey cinnamon residue at the bottom of the cup, but it tastes so wonderful, it's not a factor in how I rated it. I do cut down on the sugar, and used snickerdoodle flavored coffee creamer because I didn't have vanilla.....LOVE the taste of it with the snickerdoodle creamer, and will continue to use it. I may experiment with other flavors of creamer also. Thanks for a great recipe!! (Another thing.....I tried using my coffee maker to make this, but prefer just to do it all in a saucepan.)"
"I changed the recipe up a bit-2 decaf black tea bags, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp allspice, 1/8-1/4 tsp EACH nutmeg & cloves, 1/32-1/8 tsp cardamom, a couple of grinds of back pepper. 4 T milk, 1 1/2-2 c water, 1-2 T brown sugar & a splash of vanilla. :)"
"I love this tea. Very soothing and hit the spot for my chai craving."
"Don't know if Audiotinker will see this but the amount of water you would pour into the coffee maker would be the amount for 2 cups, this makes 2 servings. Personally I steep the tea bags with the liquid in the saucepan then add hot water if needed. With 1 cup of water and 1 cup of milk that is pretty much the 2 servings. This is alright but I do miss some of the traditional spices I associate with Chai."
"A splash of Baileys Vanilla Spice gives it a little kick and great flavor."