Chai Tea Latte Recipe
- 2 individual tea bags
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Whipped topping and ground nutmeg, optional
- Place the tea bags, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in the coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, brown sugar and creamer. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and sugar is dissolved. Pour milk mixture into mugs; stir in tea. Dollop with whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chai Tea Latte
Sort By :
"I love this tea. Very soothing and hit the spot for my chai craving."
"Don't know if Audiotinker will see this but the amount of water you would pour into the coffee maker would be the amount for 2 cups, this makes 2 servings. Personally I steep the tea bags with the liquid in the saucepan then add hot water if needed. With 1 cup of water and 1 cup of milk that is pretty much the 2 servings. This is alright but I do miss some of the traditional spices I associate with Chai."
"A splash of Baileys Vanilla Spice gives it a little kick and great flavor."
"I didn't have ground ginger only whole. So instead I used nutmeg. It tastes very similar to eggnog. But it's delicious! New holiday traditional beverage at my house!"
"Delicious!! Great flavor, but next time I'd use half the brown sugar. It was too sweet for me."