Chai Tea Latte Recipe
- 2 individual tea bags
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Whipped topping and ground nutmeg, optional
- Place the tea bags, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in the coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, brown sugar and creamer. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and sugar is dissolved. Pour milk mixture into mugs; stir in tea. Dollop with whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chai Tea Latte
Sort By :
"This looks great, but how much water do I pour into my drip coffee maker? 2 cups, 4 cups, 8, 10? I'm going to try 4 this morning but it doesn't specify."
"Does anybody know how much honey to use in place of the 1/4 cup packed brown sugar? I would like to make this a little more healthier."
"This is wonderful! I do not own a coffee maker, so instead of putting the ingredients in a coffee filter, I just mixed them all in a saucepan. I combined the milk and sugar in a different saucepan, and combined them when the tea was done and the milk mixture was warm and dissolved. I added vanilla instead of creamer. I love the flavor! Even down here in hot south Florida, this might become a new staple for me!"
"You use 1 cup of water as indicated in the ingredient list.Just now tried it and it is yummy! A little too sweet for my taste though. Next time I will cut the sugar in half or even less. Very sweet, but tastes great on our first morning of having to turn on the furnace & chase the chill away! I forgot to say that I. Also used the chai tea bags."
"I LOOOVVEEE this recipe!! it tasted like heaven in my mouthe. at first its very confusing to get the hang of. the coffee part i struggled on a little bit but once it was all mixed together i was delirious. With the brown sugar oart i didn't have any so i used white sugar with a little bit of mollassas like 1/4 teaspoon. I also didn't have allspice so i used like 1/6 of a teaspoon instead of 1/4. it tasted the same since it was all boiled away anyway!! So i hope my tips helped!! BTW it's VERY sweet so if you don't like sweet,to make it a little bit more bitter just use less sugar. I also used half and half almost completely full of the 1/4 cup and filled it the rest of the way with vanilla extract because it's all I had for my first time of making this. I added to my recipe box, so anytime i get thirsty for something not only quick, but sweet at the same time!"