Chai Tea Latte Recipe
My family loves this comforting tea, especially on cold days instead of cocoa or when they're feeling under the weather. I simplified the recipe by using the filter basket of our coffeepot. It's delicious and great after dinner! —Julie Plummer, Sykesville, Maryland
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 individual tea bags
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Whipped topping and ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. Place the tea bags, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in the coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, brown sugar and creamer. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and sugar is dissolved. Pour milk mixture into mugs; stir in tea. Dollop with whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (calculated without whipped topping) equals 223 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC