- 2 individual tea bags
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Whipped topping and ground nutmeg, optional
- Place the tea bags, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in the coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, brown sugar and creamer. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and sugar is dissolved. Pour milk mixture into mugs; stir in tea. Dollop with whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chai Tea Latte
"Tastes amazing! It was so easy to make. I didn't have any black tea bags so I used the loose Oprah Chai Tea from Starbucks- about two or three teaspoons. The only reason I'm not giving this recipe five stars- and it may be my own fault- is because after I poured the milk mixture into a mug, there was some sort of lumpy residue at the bottom of the pan. It didn't hurt the recipe any, I'm just curious as to why there was a residue left. I'm new to the kitchen, so if anyone knows why this is, I'd love to know!"
"My 14 yard old daughter loves hot chai tea lattes. She was feeling under the weather so I made her this recipe. She said it's better than any of the big chain stores (and a lot cheaper). It's super easy to make with ingredients commonly found. From now on this will be my go-to recipe."
"Very good and easy to make.I don't have coffeemaker so I boiled water poured it over tea cinnamon ginger allspice in large glass, brewed it for 4 mins, then poured the milk mixture over it. (I subbed out the 2 table French vanilla non dairy creamer for 2 tablespoons half and half 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract)"
"I did as another reviewer suggested and too the tea out of the bags and missed the tea with the spices. This recipe is really good!"
"Very delicious & easy, would make a great holiday drink for yourself and/or company. As someone said, very adaptable, I used coconut milk, pumpkin pie spice, coconut palm sugar (healthier & 1/2 the amt.). Makes you want to sit down, take a deep breath and say ahhhhhhh!Great job Julie, thank- you!"