Chai Snickerdoodles Recipe
When I think of winter, I think of two things. Warm cookies and a chai. My recipe combines the two in my favorite cookie recipe—snickerdoodles! —Evangeline Bradford, Erlanger, Kentucky
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and allspice. Remove 1/2 cup sugar mixture to a shallow bowl; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar mixture until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 3. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in reserved sugar mixture. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 59 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Chai Snickerdoodles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC