As much as I love snickerdoodles, I needed something smaller and a bit more special for my cookie swap. I gave them a simple makeover by using a cookie press and adding warm chai spices.—Elisabeth Matelski, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Featured In: Snickerdoodle Recipes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, baking powder and remaining spices; gradually beat into creamed mixture. In a small bowl, combine remaining cinnamon and sugar.
Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 10-in. roll. Transfer dough to a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, thaw dough in refrigerator overnight or until soft enough to press. Cut each roll in half; slide one half of roll into cookie press. Prepare and bake cookies as directed. Repeat with remaining dough. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Chai Snickerdoodle Spritz in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016
Reviews for Chai Snickerdoodle Spritz
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review