Chai Rice Pudding Recipe
Chai refers to tea cooked in warm milk and flavored with spices such as cardamom, ginger and cinnamon. These same flavors are a wonderful addition to old-fashioned rice pudding.
- 8 cups 1% milk
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in the spices. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
1/2 cup equals 189 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Chai Rice Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC