Chai Rice Pudding Recipe
- 8 cups 1% milk
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in the spices. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
1/2 cup: 189 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 0 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Chai Rice Pudding
"This is a great rice pudding. My daughter found it a few years ago, and I have been making it ever since."
"Wonderful, easy to make, tastes even better the second day."